Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can’t make phone calls or text abroad

niall153
Investigator
Investigator

Hi,

can someone help me out please. 

I am in norway from the U.K. and I can’t make phone calls or texts from my phone. I have full signal me 4g and can receive calls and text. When I try and call out it says “The subscription is barred from traffic to this number”

I have looked online and tried some things, So I logged into my EE, in my manage my EE, I changed my call abroad and premium rates from “Blocked” to “allowed” and says could take up to 24hrs, this was about 36 hours ago, went back on now and it says Blocked again. I changed it again and 10 mins later said blocked again.

I can’t phone EE or text so I’m hoping someone will know. 

Thanks,

Niall

25 REPLIES 25

Yep I'm able to call them, using a Pixel 2. But now it looks like my messages have started to go through - after months of not doing so. Weird.

Thanks for your help.

Christopher_G
EE Community Support Team

Glad it's working, @Marning.

Hopefully it continues to do so!

Chris 🙂

tannerwilliam24
Explorer

I am in the situation. It will not allow to select the option to make premium or international calls, not by the phone app or through the website. I have tried restarting my device and reinserting my sim. Its been days for me now, Ive called up numerous times with no help. 

Hi @tannerwilliam24.

Can you see in your account that roaming and international calls are disabled?

Did you speak with our Customer Care team about this?

Jon

I am in Norway and can't make calls or talk to EE can someone help. I can make and receive texts.

Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Safetestwales

Thanks for coming to the community. 

What happens when you try and make a call? 

Have you restarted your phone? 

Thanks 🙂

Leanne.