cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IP address blocked from sending email; listed on Spamhaus and another site

CraigVitulli
Investigator
Investigator

My IP is listed on a couple of spam checker sites, I think this is probably why I can't send email from my phone over data any more and can only send email over WIFI. I've searched for a solution and can't find one. The only thing I can see is restart the router in the hope of being assigned a diferent IP which I assume is for desktop users. How do I get my IP removed from Spamhaus and others?

7 REPLIES 7
XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

I would think that rebooting a device to get a new IP would apply equally to a mobile phone. 

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)
CraigVitulli
Investigator
Investigator

Hi XRaySpeX,

Unfortunately it doesn't appear to alter the IP address, I tried it a few times last week when I was trying to figure out the cause, and I tried it again when you suggested it. I've had updates in the meantime too so it also rebooted during that process with no change to the IP address.

Where are you looking for your IP addy?

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)
CraigVitulli
Investigator
Investigator

I used Google and also whatismyip.com, though I'm now questioning myself as to whether I actually turned wifi off when I did.

I've discovered the IP is changing at reboot now I've made sure wifi is off but my email still doesn't send until the next reboot when it sends just as reboot completes, but any newly created email then don't send straight after.

Yes, you need WiFi off to get an EE mobile IP.

Are you aware that the EE mobile network uses Carrier Grade NAT (CGNAT) which means you don't get your own public IP address but share it with other users, past & present? 1 of those has got it blacklisted by spamming. 

Yes, I'd read that, (probably in response to a similar/same question on here), when I was trying to figure out the problem. Seems it will actually send email already in the outbox/drafts immediately after reboot, (with wifi off), but not again if I try and send another email after that.