cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Roaming Abroad Pass

WitchyWitch
Explorer

We will be travelling to Spain in a few weeks time and I will add the roaming abroad pass. Please could someone confirm if when I have texted 150 with roaming and the pass is activated what happens if I make a call from Spain to a UK number? Will I be charged or is that part of the pass? Thanks 

2 REPLIES 2
XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

@WitchyWitch : These are 2 separate but connected things:

1. Texting ROAMING to 150 gives you the ability/permission to roam abroad. This is free.
  2. Texting ROAMING PASS to 150 buys you the Roam Abroad Pass for £25 / billing month until you cancel it. This is an optional  billing add-on that helps you pay for roaming charges while in EU & allows you to use most of your UK allowances while in EU. It won't come into play unless you have carried out 1 above.

You may use your usual UK allowances in the EU with up to 50 GB (contract) or 25 GB (PAYG) data per billing month if you have more. If on contract & your contract started after 07/07/2021 there'll be a £2.47 / day charge for using your UK allowances in EU or alternatively you may buy the Roam Abroad Pass for £25 / billing month.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

@XRaySpeX wrote:

@WitchyWitch : These are 2 separate but connected things:

1. Texting ROAMING to 150 gives you the ability/permission to roam abroad. This is free.
  2. Texting ROAMING PASS to 150...It won't come into play unless you have carried out 1 above.

Although to add... you can easily pay for a roaming pass but find yourself without mobile coverage abroad and thus unable to use it... IF you enable the pass but don't enable roaming. That's a very common mistake, and creates a catch-22 situation.

Ensure you get text confirmation of both step-1 & step-2 above.