cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting a better sim deal?

Steambod
Visitor

At the moment I have a standard 3GB sim deal with a data boost from my home broadband up to 13GB which is fine. However I am now looking at changing my broadband to another provider as I can get faster speeds for less money! Obviously this means I will lose the current data boost so I looked at what plans I could change to. All the ones offered by EE were more expensive or has less data, however looking on the Uswitch website I found the EE multi Sim giving me tons more data for £1 less than I'm paying at the moment. So why don't EE offer this on their website or am I being ripped off? Should I cancel my phone plan and rejoin with the one from Uswitch?

2 REPLIES 2
Chris_B
Grand Master
Grand Master

@Steambod  You’ll always find better deals shopping around.   Or you could just call customer services and see what they can offer as not all tariffs are shown. 

mikeliuk
Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

Hi @Steambod ,

I think you've stumbled on something that customers have realized slowly over several decades, loyalty and inertia can be punished by higher costs.

You've already found uSwitch which is a great resource, you may also wish to browse the below link where users and customers are able to vote on which offers seem the best for contract SIMs and phones.

If you've found a good offer with EE on uSwitch, I would recommend to first contact EE and request that offer but an additional discount on top of that authorized by a team leader. You aren't always able to get an offer advertised for new customers but it's worth asking to avoid the hassle of porting your number.

Broadband & Phone Contracts Deals ⇒ Cheap Price, Best Sales in UK - hotukdeals

-- 
Contract SIM: Plan | Data | Usage | Check Status | Abroad | Chat | SMS | APN | PM
Wired: Check Speed | Test Socket | Faults | fast.com | speedtest.net