Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Family sharing

Windymiller1
Investigator
Investigator

Hello,

Apols if this is in the wrong forum - there wasn't one obviously for Family Sharing queries.

My wife and I are both on contract EE plans and my son and daughter are both on EE PAYG plans.  Please can you advise how I set up family sharing so that my wife and I can gift data to our children?

Thanks

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
David
Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor

Hi @Windymiller1 

Welcome to the EE Community,

both your son & daughters numbers would need to be on your PAYM account it isnt possible to transfer data to PAYG numbers.

Thanks,

David.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
David
Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor

Hi @Windymiller1 

Welcome to the EE Community,

both your son & daughters numbers would need to be on your PAYM account it isnt possible to transfer data to PAYG numbers.

Thanks,

David.

Thanks for the reply. What is PAYM and how do I get them on it please?

@Windymiller1  A PAYM is a pay monthly contract that can be a sim only contract for a full device/contract.     All contracts have to be on the same account to be able to gift data. 

James_B
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Windymiller1,

For more information about data gifting, please see What’s EE Data Gifting and how do I get it?

If you'd like to switch your children's phones to a pay monthly plan, please see Switch to Pay Monthly.

Hope this helps.

James

Thanks for the help so far. Unfortunately this is never as easy as claimed!

I’ve found the PAYM sim only plan I want to move my daughter to (from her ee payg). I’ve tried to set up an account for her but we get so far and then it says this can’t be done as she’s under 18. Hoe do I proceed please? I don’t want to set this up in my name and then ee think I want to move my own plan to this new one. 
thanks in advance. 

Hi @Windymiller1 ,

It's lucky this has happened as you need to add an Additional Line to your account.

If you had successfully setup a different account for your daughter, I believe it wouldn't be possible to gift data between the two independent accounts.

-- 
Contract SIM: Plan | Data | Usage | Check Status | Abroad | Chat | SMS | APN | PM
Wired: Check Speed | Test Socket | Faults | fast.com | speedtest.net

@Windymiller1 wrote:

I don’t want to set this up in my name and then ee think I want to move my own plan to this new one. 

To gift data to it it would need to be under your own a/c. EE should see this as you adding an additional line.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)