Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EU Roaming Slow Data

GBoydRatcliff
Investigator
Investigator

Hi

I have enjoyed some really good data speeds while roaming the EU (mostly France) - often 80-100mb/s
However, recently I have noticed that I never seem to get over about 20mb/s, while my French SIM (which has limited data) is still giving 80-100mb/s
Have EE throttled data usage in the EU?

3 REPLIES 3
EssexBoyEE
Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

EE have limited control of your Data Speeds when roaming overseas, Roaming Agreements are complex and probably differ from Country to Country.

Also, you cannot compare Any UK Network Data Speeds when Roaming to other Sims on their Home Network as again different Setups could be in place, plus there's a good chance you're not even using the same Mobile Network anyway.

I appreciate the roaming agreements - but the fact it's consistently around 20mb/s everywhere is what makes me think it's being throttled (by whoever!)

My EE SIM are local SIM are on the same network (Orange F) because I select the providers manually (otherwise it connects via Free or Bouygues - which are both hopeless in my area!)

Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Hi @GBoydRatcliff

Please give us a call on +44 7953966250 and the team will get this looked into for you.

Leanne.