cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data sharing to data sim ?

Clever-Trevor
Contributor
Contributor

I have a contact phone sim only - if I purchase a contact data only sim ( adding to my account ) - can I use the data share to top up the mobile data only sim ?

Thanks

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
EssexBoyEE
Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

As long as the Sims are on the same Account you can Gift and Share Data between them.

For your reference, if your using the Data Only Sim in a Router or Tablet etc, it doesn't need to be a Data Only Sim it could also be a Phone Sim, so check the costs for each.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
EssexBoyEE
Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

As long as the Sims are on the same Account you can Gift and Share Data between them.

For your reference, if your using the Data Only Sim in a Router or Tablet etc, it doesn't need to be a Data Only Sim it could also be a Phone Sim, so check the costs for each.

Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Clever-Trevor 

Thanks for coming here 🙂

You will be able to gift data to or from any eligible Pay Monthly plan to any other eligible Pay Monthly plan that belongs to the same family account, except for No Frills plans, 3G plans, 4GEE WiFi plans and Smart Watches. 

Leanne 🙂

Hi 

thank you. 

When I look at data only sims. 
are you able to confirm 

1/ how I know the product type (eg  no frills / compatible with data gifting ? )

2/ is there any speed cap ?

3/ do any offer reduced speeds if out of data. 

Ie, am looking at 24 month / 2 gig data only option but want no speed cap & able to gift data 

thanks 

3/ do 

Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Clever-Trevor 

The SIM Plans on the EE Shop online show if this is an Essential/No frills plan and also the max speed for the plan. Please see Best SIM Only Deals and Pay Monthly SIM Contracts | EE Shop

Thanks 🙂

Leanne.

Hi,

looking at data only 2Gig SIM only ( https://ee.co.uk/mobile/data-sim ) - it does not make clear if supports data gifting & if speed cappped ? 

I wanted a data SIM for my iPad & for occasional use in my laptop.

Thanks,

I'm fairly certain data only sims are not speed capped, they should be Full Speed unless it states different on its Data Only Plan.

As previously said as long as the Data Sim is on the same Account you should be able Gift and Receive between Plans (the only exception is the cheaper low Tier Phone Sim Plan, which is the No Frills Plan or what ever is called this week).

You can order  a 1 Month Plan to try the Data Sim, or if you Order any Contract Plan Online or by Telephone you can Cancel within 14 Days anyway.