cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: IPv6 router settings

devpete
Investigator
Investigator

Did anyone ever reply re the correct settings to enable IPv6 on EE 4G Mobile Broadband using a TP-Link Router? I would like to enable the same so would be interested to know. 

Thanks 

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

No problem,glad to be of help.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

@devpete : You tried APN Protocol ="IPv6"?

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

Thanks but where do I find this and how to change from IPv4? IPv4 is greyed out and can't be changed. Screenshot 2021-09-13 at 6.14.02 pm.png

Is it possible to create another Profile Name with PDP Type = "IPv6" & make it default? Alternatively does the Advanced tab give you more control?

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

You won't be able to change any APN settings if the Profile is set as the Default, so Undefault it to another profile or if none available as @XRaySpeX says Create another Profile, make your changes, then set the new one to Default then go from there.

If your Router is Network locked there's a good chance you will not be able to do the Changes on IPV Settings.

For what it's worth, EE Mobile Internet and Data don't work very well with IPV6 settings, you probably be better off leaving it on IPV4.

Ah then I think I won't move from IPv4 settings if IPV6 isn't good for EE Internet and data. Many thanks for that advice! 

No problem,glad to be of help.

Hi can you explain how to do this on a laptop I am 72 and not good on a laptop thanks

Which 4 or 5G Router do you have? Make and Model Number (Model No. should be on the Label or Box)

How well does EE mobile internet and data work with IPv6 settings now (I'm assuming you mean speed wise)? Is there a mobile network that does it better? thanks