cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Poor service

Sidley83
Investigator
Investigator

How you can charge £53 for this service is beyond me, it is terrible.

13 REPLIES 13
Chris_B
Grand Master
Grand Master

@Sidley83  No one here charging you anything.     

If you say what the issue is you’ll probably get advice on how to possibly fix that issue. 

mikeliuk
Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

Hi @Sidley83 ,

Has it been bad from day one, or did it start ok and later become bad?

If you are within the first 14 days, you need to act quickly if you want to return and cancel for the below reason.

https://ee.co.uk/help/help-new/orders-and-delivery/return-and-refunds/how-to-return-a-product-bought...

Within 14 days: You can cancel your account for ‘no coverage’ – ie if you don’t have sufficient network
coverage.

-- 
Contract SIM: Plan | Data | Usage | Check Status | Abroad | Chat | SMS | APN | PM
Wired: Check Speed | Test Socket | Faults | fast.com | speedtest.net

My contract has ended and i should of moved a way sooner if i am honest, but laziness meant i kept paying £53 for a poor service which in the past six months has only gotten worse.

The router has frozen constantly since day one, saying its connected but i have no internet and can not even access the router page.

And for the past six months the connection has just degraded that i have to refresh pages to get them to load at times, netflix stops playing and gaming is out of the question due to the severe packet loss.

Lucky i can now get fiber in my area so i shall move to that, and its cheaper with much faster speeds. £30 - 1gb yes please.

@Sidley83  Did you try relocating the router?  It could of just been a poor signal location within your home this can happen especially when located near other appliances.  Basically it’s interference with network signals. 
Did you ever inquire about an external antenna as your home can block network signals so an outside antenna could of fixed this and the easy way to check this is to go outside with an mobile phone that’s on EE.  

Hi @Sidley83 ,

I'm sad to hear of the bad experience you've had; and £53/mth, £636 p.a., is no small amount of money in the current economic climate.

I'm also not very good at keeping on top of renewing onto cheaper contracts so I make it a personal policy not to buy devices tied to contracts as this can increase the cost beyond buying the device outright, and it avoids paying a premium for a device which I already own. With inflation as high as it is, people may see price rises greater than 9% on account of devices which they own, which is like a price increase on the device after they own the device!

-- 
Contract SIM: Plan | Data | Usage | Check Status | Abroad | Chat | SMS | APN | PM

As your min. term has expired you could cancel your £53 / month contract with 30 days notice & get a Phone SIM Only Contract to put in it at considerably less cost. The router is yours to keep & do what you will with.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

Hi thanks for your answer, the router will no doubt end up in the bin.

I tried my vodaphone sim in it which i can get 5g on and speedsd of 100-500mb where i live, but EE's router seems to only let me have up to 4mb connection with it so in 30 days the router will become useless.

As for your suggestion of starting a new contract and pay less for a poor service, would you?

I have just visited packetlosstest.com here were the results.

262/298 sent
20/20 time

225/298 recieved

Latency 155.43 ms

Jitter 57.76

EE's service is atrocious and i do not see it improving anytime soon.

So long EE i probably will never return Voda seems much better.

Hi @Sidley83 ,

Your results do suggest EE is bad for your location. Did you select a UK server and discard the first 2 seconds of data?

Below is what I see using a mid-end mobile via a Devolo AP, D-Link switch, and OPNsense firewall.

My servers typically get 22 ms to 32 ms and anything above 60 ms unloaded I would regard as bad.

Can you see your SINR? Are you losing the majority of your packets?

Upload Packet Loss
 0.0%
(0 / 150)
Total Packet Loss
⬆⬇ 0.0%
(0 / 150)
Download Packet Loss
 0.0%
(0 / 150)
Late Packets
 0.0%
(0 / 150)

Average Latency: 47.93ms

Average Jitter: 12.85ms

-- 

Mike, i am not interested in staying with EE just like they are not interested in communicating with their customers.

I have paid for a direct line to be installed to my house this has cost me quite a bit of money but i want a reliable service. As it stands my connection is like being back on an dialup. I can not do something i enjoy which is play my game, i have a week off work and because of the utter **bleep** connection EE are giving me i can not really play unless i put up with stuttering, rubber bullets (they do no damage) or me just being kicked from the server for no reason.

Netflix keeps buffering or taking 5minutes to load a video and EE want ME to pay £53 a month for that crap service? No thanks. I will not rejoin EE anytime soon. I think for sure vodafone is better where i live, like i said my sim can reach good speeds on 5g, but soon as i put it in their router it becomes a potato. That seems very fishy!

I only really came here to see what EE would say about the connection but they have not responded once!

So all i can say is screw them and their poor service!