cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mis-sold 4g Wifi router

ccarruthers88
Visitor

A couple of weeks ago I ordered new full fibre broadband with EE. I was given a date for Openreach to install the broadband and all was well. A few days later EE sent me a message to say my order was cancelled with no explanation. I called 150 and the operator was also confused as to why the order was cancelled. They reinstated the order but this meant they had to re-book the openreach appointment, delaying the install by another week. As a gesture of goodwill the operator offered to send me a 4g WiFi router to ensure I still had internet whilst the fibre was installed. They also moved my mobile phone contract to a rolling 30day contract with a £20 discount as it meant I got unlimited data and paid about £5pm less than I was previously.

I received the router but a few days later my bill was generated and this showed I was being charged £61.29 for the 4g Router. I called 150 and explained I shouldn't be charged for this. They advised I return the router and they said they will call me back on Wednesday 1st May to make sure my bill was adjusted accordingly. I have returned the router and had a DPD confirmation to say EE have received it but have not heard anything from EE.

I am not happy that I was led into signing up to a contract for the 4g wifi router which has caused me a lot of stress and trouble trying to cancel and I'm also not happy that I have not received call backs when promised. I just want the 4g wifi bill removed and for my mobile phone bill to go back to what it was before all this began.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Hi @ccarruthers88 

I am very sorry to hear this has happened. 

Has the mobile WiFi device been removed from your EE account? 

To get an update on the bill charges, please try calling us again and the team will have access to the account to see if the bill has been adjusted for you. 

Leanne.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Hi @ccarruthers88 

I am very sorry to hear this has happened. 

Has the mobile WiFi device been removed from your EE account? 

To get an update on the bill charges, please try calling us again and the team will have access to the account to see if the bill has been adjusted for you. 

Leanne.