How'do

Wigan_Angler
Investigator
Investigator

Hello everyone

Recently joined EE again after leaving Three after 3yrs as their signal guarantee means nothing lol

We're all limited by our own limitations
5 REPLIES 5
Wigan_Angler
Investigator
Investigator

I've joined EE again after many years away moving from pay monthly at Three, left them because of the lack of signal etc

My previous stint with EE I'd always get 4-600mbps on PAYG where I currently am, now I'm barely scraping 30mbps

And the fact they've excluded PAYG from using their 5G network is shocking, why would the method in which you pay differ from the signal band your allowed to get from a network? Especially in 2023. We pay the same as monthly if not more lol, and they're on a contract style basis with auto renewal.

Katie_B
EE Community Support Team

Good afternoon @Wigan_Angler

Welcome to the community and welcome back to EE. 

I am sorry to hear you seem to be experiencing slower speeds. 

Have you been able to check your area using the Network Checker for any known issues or maintenance work?

Speak soon, 

Katie

Yeah, no known issues

It may be normal as I honestly can't recall if I had contract or PAYG back then, but either way being on one or the other a customer shouldn't be penalised for being on PAYG same as we don't have access to EE's 5G network when other networks you do

Katie_B
EE Community Support Team

Thanks for checking @Wigan_Angler

If you keep check of this pay as you go benefits page if 5G becomes available this page will be updated. 

Katie

That's great but in 2023 we should already have it seeing as 6G is already being worked on 🤷‍♂️