cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EE upgrade site error

Aa1dsd
Visitor

Upgrade issue.

Unable to get passed checkout and into the confirm section. Had the same issue last year.

Why cant EE fix this issue.

Same issue with Safari and Chrome

Chrome Error

https://shop.ee.co.uk/upgradeCheckout/personalDetails 405 

Safari Error

[Error] Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 405 () 

https://shop.ee.co.uk/upgradeCheckout/personalDetails

10 REPLIES 10
Christopher_G
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Aa1dsd

Welcome to the community.

Since you're having this problem with multiple browsers, I'd recommend speaking to our Tech Gurus so that they can look into why this is happening on your account.

They'll be able to help you get your upgrade ordered too.

Chris

Errkal
Investigator
Investigator

I've had this issue for years, every upgrade i have ever tried just does this, I've raised it repeatedly when I call in as i have phone to update an no one seems to interested in actually fixing it, most annoying is it has meant missing out on student discount etc. on my account as that can only be done online and I can't do squat online.

Katie_B
EE Community Support Team

Hello @Errkal

I am so sorry to hear this happens. 

Have you tried another browser or device when trying to process your upgrade?

Are you experiencing this issue now?

Katie.

Yeah, is been happening for at least the be 5 years, happens on any device I use (multiple pcs, phones and tablets) multiple networks (home, work, 4g) with and without ad blockers.

Gets to the same point where you have entered all details, entered the pin sent to your phone you click the button and nothing happens, if you look in the dev tools of the browser you see errors coming back from JavaScript where it is trying to hit some store URL and getting an error back from the server. 

It's definitely an EE side issue whatever it is.

Jon_K
Former EE Employee

Thanks @Errkal.

I'd recommend getting in touch with our Customer Care team about this.

They will be able to raise an investigation ticket for this issue and also help you to upgrade over the phone.

Jon

Do you have an email or something for them. I've raised this over the phone multiple times and web chat multiple times and nothing gets logged and it gets a response of something along the lines of "hmm strange" so I'm not just going to ring 150 and hope for the best as that's a waste of my time.

Jon_K
Former EE Employee

Hi @Errkal.

The best way to report this is to give us a call as our Tech Gurus would be the best people to raise an investigation ticket.

We don't have an email contact address.

Jon

Marvelous, well when I feel like wasting time explaining this again and it not being fixed I'll phone in.

Just to confirm this is still an issue.