cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EE Advert Song

Roadrunner39
Visitor

Hi all, very random question. 
I’d like to know what song is used or sampled on this EE advert. The orchestral/synth part.
I keep seeing this advert and  it and it’s really annoying me I can’t figure out where I’ve heard the music before. I think it sounds like an ABBA song, but not sure if it is.

https://youtu.be/1M-G3x9LRM8?feature=shared

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Northerner
Grand Master
Grand Master

Hi @Roadrunner39 

The hint is "invasion" it is a sample from Jeff Wayne's War of the Worlds. (Eve of the War) 

Wonderful soundtrack with Richard Burton.

Thanks 

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 0800 956 6000 from any other phone. You can call Freephone +44 800 079 8586 on Skype

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 10.30pm every day.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Northerner
Grand Master
Grand Master

Hi @Roadrunner39 

The hint is "invasion" it is a sample from Jeff Wayne's War of the Worlds. (Eve of the War) 

Wonderful soundtrack with Richard Burton.

Thanks 

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 0800 956 6000 from any other phone. You can call Freephone +44 800 079 8586 on Skype

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 10.30pm every day.
karenaggett
Visitor

It was bothering me as well. I think you are thinking of ABBA's 'man after midnight'. It's got a very similar riff in the instrumental section. I had to Google it too. 😅 

Greycats5
Explorer

Hi Road runner 39

I have heard the music before and I think its part of a track by the Moody blues -  not sure which will let you know when I figure it out

The Moody blues bit is that it Justin Haywood  Moody Blues that sings in the Track but its War of the World Jeff Wayne's