cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why can I no longer see a summary of my extra charges every month?

mcandrett
Investigator
Investigator

I used to be able to see a break down of all the calls and texts I made outside of my plan but this feature has not been available now for a couple months, on both website and EE app. Why?

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

@Chris_B They called me today and rectified the issue for me.

Turns out it's not down to paying for the itemised billing but some other glitch where their system has trouble displaying the calls made outside of my plan. The way the agent explained it is kinda like when a server runs out of memory then it starts to slow down then fail.

Their system itemises too many calls and then it eventually breaks and stops working. It is a known problem to them and they are working on a fix for it which won't be available for another month or so. In the meantime, he said, it's very possible that this will stop working again.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Chris_B
Grand Master
Grand Master

@mcandrett  Because its been fixed.  You should only have a breakdown like that if you pay for itemised billing.  

Ah, right, thanks.
I spent 30 mins on the phone with an agent and I guess he didn’t know that either because he’s opened a case to try to get it ‘fixed’ for me. 

Eh, @Chris_B , are you saying you can't see the extra charges outside your plan unless you have Itemised Billing? Surely Itemised Billing just gives you additionally the inclusive calls & texts within your plan?

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

@Chris_B They called me today and rectified the issue for me.

Turns out it's not down to paying for the itemised billing but some other glitch where their system has trouble displaying the calls made outside of my plan. The way the agent explained it is kinda like when a server runs out of memory then it starts to slow down then fail.

Their system itemises too many calls and then it eventually breaks and stops working. It is a known problem to them and they are working on a fix for it which won't be available for another month or so. In the meantime, he said, it's very possible that this will stop working again.