Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social Tariff for Mobiles

pendle666
Investigator
Investigator

Hello

I have an unlimited SIM only plan at the moment paying £23 a month. However I am now out of work and claiming universal credit.

I believe I can now have the social tariff to lower my outgoings while I'm out of work. However, what I'd like to know is if the data will be throttled because it's a cheaper tariff.  I live in a rural area and mobile companies standard packages give a poor reception, so for this current deal I paid extra for their "best speed".

I tried ringing EE but had to go through a text chat and didn't get any information from the agent on this.

thanks

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Northerner
EE Community Star
EE Community Star

Hi @pendle666 

If you read the link @Chris_B  provided then there is another link which provides the info you need: 

What do you get?

£12 per month* SIM only, includes:

• 5GB data on the UK’s best network
  • Unlimited calls
  • Unlimited texts
  • Great speeds, max. 25 Mbps

30-day rolling contract for 12 months. No early exit fees apply.

The answer is yes this is a limited tariff compared to the tariff you are in now. 

Thanks 

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 0800 956 6000 from any other phone. You can call Freephone +44 800 079 8586 on Skype

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 10.30pm every day.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Chris_B
EE Community Star
EE Community Star

@pendle666   Please have a read of THIS 

pendle666
Investigator
Investigator

Thank you, but that doesn't really answer my question.  There's no point in taking advantage of the social tariff available to me, if I cannot get a good data signal and speed as I use quite a bit of data.

I saw when I took my contract out that there were several unlimited packages available all offering the same but a different price.

Northerner
EE Community Star
EE Community Star

Hi @pendle666 

If you read the link @Chris_B  provided then there is another link which provides the info you need: 

What do you get?

£12 per month* SIM only, includes:

• 5GB data on the UK’s best network
  • Unlimited calls
  • Unlimited texts
  • Great speeds, max. 25 Mbps

30-day rolling contract for 12 months. No early exit fees apply.

The answer is yes this is a limited tariff compared to the tariff you are in now. 

Thanks 

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 0800 956 6000 from any other phone. You can call Freephone +44 800 079 8586 on Skype

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 10.30pm every day.

That's great, thank you for your help.