cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I get a VAT invoice

Sarahramseyg
Investigator
Investigator

Please can someone tell me how I can get a VAT INVOICE for my EE mobile Bill, so that I can claim it via my expenses whilst working from home due to the lockdown?

This is for a personal account not a business account, and the accountant will only accept a VAT invoice!  

56 REPLIES 56
The original post asked how do you get an invoice from EE that SHOWS VAT in order to reclaim the VAT? Not how it is calculated.

Sent from my Galaxy

Quite right, but what is the point of a VAT invoice if it is incorrect and you reclaim the wrong amount from HMRC. If you are doing digital VAT returns you will see that the programme will throw it back at you because the VAT shown is incorrect and you are trying to reclaim too much from HMRC. Could land you in a lot of bother with the taxman!

rgaufman
Investigator
Investigator

I see some people managed to get VAT invoices by requesting them, I have tried this and was informed EE will not provide VAT invoices to businesses unless it is a business account (this is as mobile contract, not broadband). Any solution for this other than switching away from EE? (which if I cannot solve this is my next step when the contract runs out in a few months).

Everyone please go to your favourite review site, e.g. trustpilot and share your opinion of EE and their decision to treat customers like this. My non-business EE account used to have VAT invoices, this stopped at some point and I can no longer download VAT invoices.

I did not sign any new agreements, I did not consent to this change. I have been a very long term customer but I have had enough. I do not want to jump through hoops to change my account type, I am just taking my business elsewhere.

Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Hi @rgaufman

Thanks for posting. 

Our bills for personal users now show all charges inclusive of VAT. If you need a VAT breakdown for business purposes, please get in touch with Customer Care to arrange switching to a business account for future bills.

Leanne 🙂

On the HMRC website, it very clearly states that when VAT is included in a sale, customers can request a VAT invoice, which must be supplied. The reason is simple. EE have taken a payment which includes VAT that belongs to the HMRC, not EE. The VAT invoice is how this deduction is evidenced. An individual can be VAT registered if they are not a Ltd company. EE have decided they will not do this. We will have to wait for HMRC to take action. Every other business I deal with offers them on request. Personal or business account status is irrelevant to this problem. It’s an accounting thing and EE have decided their stance is acceptable to HMRC, but until they get HMRC involved, nothing will happen. Customers are powerless. I’ve stayed with EE and switched to their cheapest contract, which although I cannot reclaim the VAT, is cheaper than the price I was on before. I want a new phone, but for the time being, I’m stuck!

I switched to O2 recently. They operate the same as EE on this. It’s all about them making more money by trying to get you on more expensive business rates.

Just an update for you guys which my be helpful. I actually switched to iD mobile in November 2021. They provide VAT invoice at your fingertips via web login or via their brilliant App. I was paying £20 for 20 gig with EE which they kindly increased to £23 after my contract expired while they were offering new customers 40Gig of data for £20. I really don't understand the mentality of offers made to new customers while they screw the loyal ones who have been supporting them for years. The tariff I now have with iD Mobile is 40GIG of data on a monthly rolling plan (so no contract) which is normally £15 but as I got it on the Black Friday Deal at £10 per month. I have had no issues with them at all, they support roaming all over Europe and some other Countries, they support 5G and the unused data from previous month rolls over to the next month,  as I don't use much data I basically start every month after the initial month with 80 Gig of Data. So if anyone is looking for a new provider I recommend iD Mobile.

rgaufman
Investigator
Investigator

Not sure iD mobile support the Apple Watch, looking at Vodafone: https://support.vodafone.co.uk/Billing/Viewing-my-bill/1751030632/Can-I-get-my-bill-as-a-VAT-receipt... - they don’t pull these kinds of shenanigans.

because everyone who breaks the law gets punished, especially multimillion companies like EE.. get a grip, buddy. this **bleep** IS illegal. You assuming that because a company is getting away with an illegal policy, that policy is not illegal is really rather insipid.