cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit report contract update

dat08
Explorer

Hello, my SIM contract with EE expired in September and I signed a new one with them in October. However, my credit report with Credit Karma still shows that I have an expired contract. Who should I contact to have this updated? Would EE customer support help? Thank you.

3 REPLIES 3
XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

Did you cancel the previous contract by call CS & giving 30 days notice? Why didn't you upgrade to the new contract?

These mobile contracts don't just end, just the min. term expires. They are not fixed term contracts. After the min. term they just carry on at the same price on a rolling 30-days' notice basis until you explicitly cancel, upgrade or port your no. away.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

Thank you for your reply. I did not call to cancel my initial contract, after the 2 years term, it continued on a monthly rolling-on basis, until I upgraded to a new contract. Since I am now on a new contract, I did not expect the credit report agency to show "expired" 3 months after my upgrade. 

James_B
EE Community Support Team

Hi @dat08,

Welcome to the EE Community. 🙂

It's normal for completed contracts and closed accounts to remain on your credit report for some time.

James