Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

possible using EE router on BT connection

Gingerbread007
Contributor
Contributor

Hi all 

Possible you can assist me with something?

Long story short, I was with EE which I have a router and Wifi disk. 

Which worked perfectly. 

After an error, I have now been transferred to BT. 

And have a BT router instilled.

Now I have an EE router and Wifi disk which I cannot use. 

After some advice, I have now made the EE router a dumb hub. 

So I have the BT router connected to the EE router, then connected to the EE Wifi disk.

It works, but as you can tell it's not the more amazing thing to have set up at the moment. 

Is there a way on doing the following?

1. Setting up the EE router to use the BT connection? Buy changing the setting and using the BT login + password. 

or

2. Somewhat get the EE wifi disk to work with the BT router. 

Understand that number 2 is a massive issue, but I'm needing some ideas on if I can do this. 

or suggest the best thing to be able to connect to the BT router to extend my internet connection upstairs. 

Many Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master
  1. No, the BT BB Username is not acceptable to an EE router as it will only accept BB Usernames ending in '@fs'.
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

Whilst the .fs thing may have been a feature of earlier EE routers, the later ones are based on the latest BT HH6 and Smart hub, and I have seen posts showing the work on Plusnet.

which router do you have, sounds like a later one.

@Gingerbread007  I suggest you give 1. a go and let us know how it goes.

@Mustrum : The "@fs" thing is certainly true of the Smart Hub & BrightBox:

• SH: Error! The Broadband domain that you've entered is either incorrect or is not supported by your EE Smart Hub.
  • BB: Your broadband username has been entered in an incorrect format. Remember to enter a valid domain e.g. @fs at the end of your username, which can be found on the 'Keep Mee' card.
I'd expect the Smart Router, as an derivative of the SH,  to do the same.
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)