Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Swiching from BT to EE

JasonLFC
Investigator
Investigator

Hi,

I am currently on a 300Mb with BT, but I was looking to switch to 500Mb with EE as I can get it cheaper as a current EE customer plus I can get cashback.

I would assume the switch would be straight forward as they're effectively the same company, but just wanted to check this message on the DSL checker:

----------------------------------------------

Our records show the following FTTP network service information for these premises:-Single Dwelling Unit Residential UG Feed with no anticipated issues.

ONT exists with active service. No spare ports are available. A new ONT may be ordered and will be placed in Waiters list until the network is ready.

For all ADSL and WBC Fibre to the Cabinet (VDSL or G.fast) services, the stable line rate will be determined during the first 10 days of service usage.

In order to be eligible for handback, downstream speed should be less than Downstream Handback Threshold values.

If you decide to place an order for a WBC fibre product, an appointment may be required for an engineer to visit the end user's premises to supply the service

----------------------------------------------

Does this mean there could be a delay between my BT service stopping & EE starting? I work from home so cannot afford any downtime, I'm assuming they will just takeover the existing ONT rather than requiring a spare one?

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

Are you already on FTTP? If you already have an active ONT there they will continue to use that & there should be little downtime as all they have to do is move the cap up from 300 to 500 Meg.

What does BT Wholesale Broadband Availability Checker estimate for your phone number? Post just the whole table and the line above it, blanking out your phone number. If it doesn't recognise your phone number or you don't have one, use the Address Checker.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

A7933487-B97A-4592-9655-82F9668C2DF6.png

Yeah, I’m already on FTTP, so shouldn’t be an issue. Thanks for confirming the minimumal downtime.

Yes, looks OK.

Thanks! You're welcome 🙂 ! Glad I could be of assistance.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)