cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Setting up Sophos XG Home in router mode

Theldron
Investigator
Investigator

Hello, I have replaced my EE router with a TPLink AC2800, but keeping the EE router as a backup.

I want to setup a Sophos XG firewall at home in router mode and have put the TP-Link in bridge mode. Has anyone else done this?

Do I need to put the VLAN into both the TP-Link and the Sophos box just one of them?

Do i need to enter the broadband IP address or the default gateway into the preferred IP?

Thanks

1 REPLY 1
XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master
  1. You put VLAN = 100 in your modem, i.e. the TPLink AC2800 in Bridge mode.
  2. I presume the Sophos XG firewall is a router with bells on. You put the BB Username & pwd in your router's WAN settings as PPPoE.
  3. I don't see you need to mess around with any IPs. They should take care of themselves.
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)