Inequality

Numfrunct2
Visitor

We have  a new EE phone and broadband contract in my husband's name. The payment is from our joint account, is in a house in our joint names and is used by both of us. I'm told I can't be a joint account holder so I'm not entitled to a better mobile phone deal. My husband could have the deal if the phone was put into his name. The patriarchy continues. I could change everything into my name but why should I disadvantage him? This is not equality.

5 REPLIES 5
XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

There's no patriarchy involved. It's in his name, he gets the benefits. You could put it in your name, you get the benefits. Is that matriarchy? It may be inequality but EE only wants consumer contracts  with individual consumers. Perhaps you need to open a business a/c. I'm sure that will accept multi-names.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)
nothingaboutme0
Expert Contributor
Expert Contributor

Hey @Numfrunct2,

I completely understand your frustration with EE's current policy regarding joint account holders. As a fellow customer, I agree that it's important for EE to recognize shared responsibilities in modern households. I suggest that EE consider updating their policies to extend offers to all individuals connected to an account, not just the primary holder. This change would reflect a more inclusive and fair approach.

@nothingaboutme0  . I don’t think they share the EE account, ie they have their own accounts.     2nd lines on accounts do get discounts on that tariff cost.  

Hi @Chris_B,

Thanks for replying!

I think it's important for EE to also consider households that share a single account. A more inclusive policy would benefit all customers. But of course I do understand other people's opinions/ideas 🙂 

@nothingaboutme0 EE do offer discounts for multiple lines on the same account, I’ve got 3 lines on my account.    As for 2 accounts in one house hold why would EE offer discounts on that when they already do it for multiple line accounts.