cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I need someone from EE to explain the jump in my bill please

SomeoneRandom
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Last month it was 23.29 and this month it's 29.26 except nothing changed from my side of the deal so far as I can figure it out  - so why the jump in the amount?

The pdf bill "itemised" is garbage because it doesn't itemise the costs of each charge to satisfactory degree.

Also your "chat now" service won't let me use that because it apparently insists on an EE mobile number but all I have is an EE landline number  - EE took my mobile number and "recycled" it because I didn't make a chargeable call/text within their 9-month policy deadline - which they never once contacted me about despite that they're supposed to text warnings of such - so if you think that I'm EVER going to buy another EE sim you're very mistaken - I'll never forget that you took my number without warning for some bs excuse..

So no, your chat function is apparently denied to me and I don't have the energy for phone calls so here I am on the forums wanting to know why you're charging me some £6 above the contract agreed.

I'm not paying this until I am satisfied that you're not baiting and switching on me, and if there's anything like that, that it is corrected, or that if there's some extra charges down to me that you specifically itemise it so that I can see every items cost and comprehend why there's a jump, and thus be able to take remedial action on my own account so as to avoid such extra costs in future. Thank you.

13 REPLIES 13
Kimibob
Visitor

All networks increase their prices annually, around February/March time. Check your contract - it will state it in there.

Do they all JUMP by over 25%?????

That's not acceptable.

@SomeoneRandom , was your mobile on pay as you go? Then yes you have to make a chargeable call to retain the number, this has to be done every 6 months as explained here:

https://community.ee.co.uk/t5/Pay-as-you-go/What-is-pay-as-you-go-and-flex-hibernation-and-how-do-I-...

Live chat is only for people on contract, not pay as you go, and I believe it is only available for customers with mobile contract.

You should have received notification about the increase in time for you to discuss or make a decision, it does not go up 25%, unless you had a contract with a minimum term and that has ended and was a special offer and has now gone up to what you should be paying, you could always start the contract again, rather than continue and that would have made it cheaper, if that makes sense.

To contact EE customer service dial 150 from your mobile phone or ring customer service for free using Skype or another phone: +44 800 079 8586 or +44 800 956 6000.
XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

Have you reached the end of your min. contract term? Your bill will increase at that time as you would've been informed when you took it out. You can see this even now with EE's current offers:

Fibre Plus Broadband
  • 54-73 Mb/s estimated download speed range
  • £27 a month, 18 month contract, then £42 a month

Which EE BB package do you have?

Instead of letting your current contract run on at the higher price, all you have to do is commit to a new 18-month contract for the same BB package at a lower price than you are paying now. You can do this online thro' your MyEE for BB under Change your broadband plan .

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

@XRaySpeX , you put it better than me!!!

To contact EE customer service dial 150 from your mobile phone or ring customer service for free using Skype or another phone: +44 800 079 8586 or +44 800 956 6000.

@XRaySpeXhi, actually no - my contract came to an end back in February or January iirc, and at that point I decided to make a change in contract which I have been on since then - this should be my third month, iirc, on this new 18month contract.

I logged in to pay as usual approx the same agreed amount and found that it's way more than I expected, and without sufficient explanation - which is what I am posting here for.

where is the "Customer price index"? and who sets it?

I don't know how to edit posts, so to continue:

I'm in month three of an 18 month contract.

My contract states:

"The price of your monthly plan, add-ons and out of bundle rates will increase from 31st March each year based on the Consumer Price Index (CPI) published in January, plus 3.9%. "

Okay so there's 3.9% accounted for, now how much percentage increase is this "CPI"?

My contract amount is not due to change by any other contractual agreement - so again, why the 25% jump. IS "CPI" making up the extra cost to that degree?

@SomeoneRandom , I would suggest you ring customer service and speak to them, they can take a look at your account and let you know why the 25% increase and if this should not have happened, then adjust it accordingly. There is also a free number you can ring and will not be asked for a mobile number. Check @XRaySpeX post above, you will find the number.