cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I’m looking for a smart router that is compatible with gfast

Jaywhittle
Investigator
Investigator

I’m trying to fix dropout issues with my gfast smart hub as it can’t cope with the amount of smart devices in my home.

ee suggested a third party router which is what I’d like to try but can’t advise me of which to get.

any advice would be much appreciated 

5 REPLIES 5
Chris_B
Grand Master
Grand Master

@Jaywhittle   You’ll be best of just doing a google search on something like the top 10 routers.   The vast majority of people on this forum will be using EE supplied routers and only come here when like you have an issue.  

XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

@Jaywhittle : The EE Smart Hub is not for G.Fast. It's the EE Smart Router that is. Is that the router you have?

There are not many generic G.Fast routers on the market & those there are are expensive. If you search this forum you'll come across someone who found 1. Failing that you could get an OR G.Fast modem from a marketplace site.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)
I’ve looked and found the top ten but none say weather they will work with gfast and I don’t want to spend £200 plus on a none compatible router.

@Jaywhittle  If you search for Gfast Routers or modems there are quite a few available.

Google can help, or here is a list from UKTECHUB .

As already mentioned however, there are not so many on here able to get Gfast, and even less who may have changed router/modem - you may get more informed info from a more technical forum such as Kitz.

alanp3
Visitor

I am with BT & G.fast.

Swapped out their smart hub for an ASUS DSL-AC88U Router and is VDSL and G.Fast compatible.

https://www.asus.com/uk/Networking-IoT-Servers/Modem-Routers/All-series/DSL-AC88U/

Delivering a total speed of up to 900Mbps, DSL-AC88U features the latest G.fast technology and ensures super-fast network speeds and ultra-smooth performance for all bandwidth-intensive tasks. This versatile, future-proof router offers complete compatibility with any DSL connections, being compatible with ADSL2/2+, ADSL, VDSL2 and Vplus 35b.