EE' BT Sport Ultimate

WhoKnows05
Contributor
Contributor

So I decided to get an iPad with EE and was offered BT Sport Ultimate as a swappable smart benefit. This on BT's page means  the ability to watch sports event on BT Sport app on large and small screen(and cast to larger screen). This was confirmed by the Email received from BT, after using Link provided by EE to set it up; " BT Sport Ultimate add-on. Thanks for choosing the BT Sport Ultimate add-on. You can now watch selected matches in up to 4k HDR on the large  and small screen BT sport's apps.". But an attempt to watch in large screen was futile. 

I decided to call EE to complain. I was transferred to a manager who told me that, I won't be able to cast because I was  given by EE, BT sport Ultimate small screen(a name thats not recognised by BT) and to get the ability to cast I have to buy the casting add-on(something that's not on BT's page and the EE agent could not show me a link to get this thing called Cast add-on)

I referenced BT page in line With EE page to prove my point and emphasised that I was being sold a lie; BT sport basic app under the disguised name of BT Sport Ultimate (because ultimate can cast and the basic can't. And if I have to pay £5 to cast. It means EE has given me no added swappable benefit).

After about 30-60 mins on the phone with the Manager not ready to accept that I haven't been helped or that I was sold a lie. I was transferred to another manager who unitentionally and subconsciously  said I was sold a lie but blamed the website for misinformation. 

It was concluded to either accept that cast waived for 3 month and  pay for the 4th and further, or accept a reduction in my monthly pay or complain to ombudsman.

But with no one ready to accept that I haven't been helped and that I was misinformed and sold a lie, I accepted the Latter.

Emma(name of the first manager that attended to me) if you somehow see this. I apologize for stressing you, I could feel the frustration. But it wasnt my intention to be a difficult customer or stress you. I wasn't rude I just want to establish what was right. My issue is with what EE sold me not you.

EE users, if you are experiencing the same kindly add your experience or let me know if you feel the same way or other wise.

7 Comments