cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPhone SE (second generation) shutting down randomly

Fin12
Investigator
Investigator

So this started about 3 days ago, my phone started to randomly shutdown, it would go black for a few seconds then show the apple logo and turn on again which is what happens when an iPhone resets but then it kept on happening. Every around 3 minutes my phone would reset. It was fine at first but now it’s getting annoying.

does anyone know how to fix this? 

8 REPLIES 8
Chris_B
Grand Master
Grand Master

@Fin12  There could be a few reasons why that device is randomly restarting first thing you want to try is factory resetting the device. You need to backup your info and then use a PC to restore as you want to install a fresh copy of iOS. 
Ideally you want to put the device into DFU mode to do this.   
Watch THIS on how to do that.  
if this doesn’t fix it you’ll need to book an Apple appointment and have them look at the device.  

Do you have insurance if you do you could make a claim on that. 

Thank you, will try factory reseting my phone.

I factory reset my phone and it didn’t work so I went into my local ee store and they wouldn’t send it off to apple because my screen has too many scratches! I have two scratches on my screen, neither are major. What should I do?

Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Fin12

Has the iPhone been damaged? 

Have you been in touch with Apple? 

Leanne.

My phone only had 2 minor scratches and no I haven’t contacted apple

Leanne_T

Thanks @Fin12

If you get in touch with Apple they will see if they can help you get the iPhone looked into. Or, please give us a call on 150 and the team will see what they can do to help.

Leanne.

Ok

Leanne_T

Thanks @Fin12

Leanne.