cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPhone 6s

Siamak
Investigator
Investigator

I am waiting for EE to supply me with a code to unlock my phone. I need my phone as all my work is done through it. Does anyone how I can speed up getting this sorted? I did call EE as I couldn’t do the unlock on line, so it had to be done a different way. Surly it can’t be that difficult to get a code to unlock. Any help or advice is very much appreciated 

7 REPLIES 7
Northerner
Grand Master
Grand Master

Hi @Siamak 

It is Apple that unlock your device not EE. How long ago did you apply for the unlock? 

It can take up to 10 days. Have you restarted your device and tried another SIM? 

Thanks

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 0800 956 6000 from any other phone. You can call Freephone +44 800 079 8586 on Skype

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 10.30pm every day.

Thanks for the message. I did call apple to start with and they told me that it was locked by EE and I should contact them direct. Could not do it on line as it is a second hand phone. 
I can’t understand if on line it takes minutes to sort it out as they claim why such a long wait if you have to request it from technical department . 

James_B
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Siamak,

Welcome to the EE Community. 🙂

When did you request your unlock?

Thanks

James

Hi 

thanks for the message, I requested it over 2 days ago. Can’t understand as to why it needs to take this long for a code to be given out. As the have all the history of the phone too. Bit mad  

James_B
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Siamak,

Please allow up to 10 days for the phone to be unlocked.

Thanks

James

thanks James

I assume that you are working with EE, Can I have a reason as to why it can take up to 10 days, but if you did it on line it can take minutes? So the EE website claims? 

Jon_K
Former EE Employee

Hi @Siamak.

It will be different depending on the circumstances of the unlock.

For example, unlocking a second-hand phone takes longer as it's not linked to your account.

Unlocking a phone within the contract can also take longer then when the contract is finished.

Jon