Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using old phone

melbs1974
Investigator
Investigator

Hi

I'm hoping someone can advise me 

I have an old iPhone 11 that I want to give my son, It has been reset/wiped, it doesnt have my sim in it anymore because I'm now using that for my new phone, I want him to have his own number and data but not an unlimited contract like mine, do I have to buy a phone SIM data plan for this? Will he get his own number if I do so? 

Thanks 

3 REPLIES 3
bristolian
Legend
Legend

Hi @melbs1974 

It is a phone's SIM that holds your number & all associated subscription info such as the plan.

Your son will need to have his own SIM to use in the phone - whether that's a PAYG or pay-monthly depends what suits your circumstances.

If you choose a pay-monthly plan, you can add it to your existing billing account so his plan is charged to your existing monthly bill, and you can then gift & share data between the two phones.

Thank you for responding to my message so quickly much appreciated 

and i take it a new number will come with the new sim and plan? 

Yes, all active SIMs have their own mobile no.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)