cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade

misskeeleyt
Investigator
Investigator

I’ve previously swapped a device before contract conclusion for an upgrade is this still an option? 

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Chris_B
Grand Master
Grand Master

@misskeeleyt   It’s an upgrade to a more costly device that cost has to be covered by the upfront price.   You can not just swap the device and expect EE to cover the price difference and EE will never do such a thing as that contract is with that device and EE doesn’t do swap a device. 

You pay your bills on time as you agreed to do that when you took out these contracts and it’s totally irrelevant to upgrading.   

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Chris_B
Grand Master
Grand Master

@misskeeleyt   It’s an upgrade to a more costly device that cost has to be covered by the upfront price.   You can not just swap the device and expect EE to cover the price difference and EE will never do such a thing as that contract is with that device and EE doesn’t do swap a device. 

You pay your bills on time as you agreed to do that when you took out these contracts and it’s totally irrelevant to upgrading.   

misskeeleyt
Investigator
Investigator

I only asked as I’ve been able to do this before. Not trying to make myself feel special because I pay on time. Your curtness is unnecessary. 

@misskeeleyt   Why edit your original post ?  

Yes you can upgrade and you’ll need to pay off the remaining term of your current contract.   You’ll can see this by looking at your online EE account or by calling customer services to get a cost.  You will also have to have the same tariff cost or more costly tariff then you currently have now you cannot lower tariff cost.    
 is your current tariff a annual upgrade tariff as this will  have his own fees that you need to pay and the tariff has to be the same or more costly.     Again EE will not just swap a device and keep you on the same contract you have now it’ll be a new contract term. 

misskeeleyt
Investigator
Investigator

I asked a question, you were condescending, didn’t want to invite others to do same. 

James_B
EE Community Support Team

Hi @misskeeleyt,

Welcome to the EE Community. 🙂

To check if you are eligible to upgrade, please text UP to 150.

Thanks

James