cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unwanted messages through calendar

Gilly68
Explorer

I have recently got new iPhone I’m getting notifications through my calendar every hour.I know they are not good.Any ideas how to stop them.I have even deleted the calendar.

7 REPLIES 7
James_B
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Gilly68,

Welcome to the EE Community. 🙂

What kind of notifications are you receiving?

Thanks

James

Sent from my iPhone
mbdrake76
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

@Gilly68 wrote:

I have recently got new iPhone I’m getting notifications through my calendar every hour.I know they are not good.Any ideas how to stop them.I have even deleted the calendar.

Are we talking about the iPhone calendar (that's not connected to Google Calendar or any other third party calendaring service, including Google's own Calendar app)?  Can you also clarify the type of notifications you're receiving hourly, and assuming it's not personal, what the content of the notification is (if you've deleted/not using the calendar, there should be none).

If you are using Google Calendar, any unwanted messages may be the result of auto-accepting invitiations.  This article from The Verge may help.

Alternatively, on the iPhone, go to Settings -> Notifications -> Calendar and look at what's set there - by default it'll look a bit like this:

IMG_0610.jpeg

You can then make adjustments according to your tastes.

Sent from my iPhone
mbdrake76
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

@Gilly68 wrote:
Sent from my iPhone

You may want to try relying on a laptop or desktop computer as your replies appear to be getting cut off.

Sent from my iPhone
Jon_K
Former EE Employee

Hi @Gilly68.

Could you try replying from another device as your replies aren't coming through.

Thanks.

Jon