cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Two apple watches same number

mediamyster
Investigator
Investigator

Hi there, I’m interested in getting another Apple Watch. Clearly not for wearing together, burin just wondered, I currently have one cellular model connected to a number on my account which showcases as my actual mobile number etc. if I was to get another..: I know you can only use one at a time through iPhone app, but if I linked another apple watch to my same account (cellular) how would that work ? Would they both ring to my usual phone number or would one have to run off an entirely different number?

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

@mediamyster You should be able too as it’s linked at account level so when your phone rings your watch does.  

all watches have their own number and that’s for billing it’s just that you can link them to your phone number or have it as a separate independent device that has its own call/text text allowance, all data is separate from your phone tariff as it is now. 

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

You can't have more than 1 SIM with same no., whether it's for a watch or a phone.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

In which case am I able to have a second watch with a separate number?

Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Morning @mediamyster

Thanks for coming to the community. 

Please see our EE Shop page for the Apple Watch plans available 🙂

Thanks. 

Leanne. 

@mediamyster You should be able too as it’s linked at account level so when your phone rings your watch does.  

all watches have their own number and that’s for billing it’s just that you can link them to your phone number or have it as a separate independent device that has its own call/text text allowance, all data is separate from your phone tariff as it is now. 

So Im still not quite sure, so if one watch needs to be a different number, am I able to get a plan from EE for another watch for another number that won’t be the same number as the iPhone and therefore use independently ? Clearly connect to the same iPhone.

@mediamyster  There are 2 types of Watch tariff one that is linked to your phone number the other one is an  independent tariff and that watch has its only call/text allowance. The 2nd tariff isn’t linked to an iPhone but has to be on an account that has an iPhone on it.  Think of it as a way for parents to keep in touch with their kids who don’t have an iPhone.   The watch has to be on a iPhone tariff than the parent has and that parent can control who the child can call/text.  

read THIS 

but you can have more than one watch linked to your iPhone tariff like you have for your first watch. 

but you can have more than one watch linked to your iPhone tariff like you have for your first watch. 

@Chris_B I don’t think this is the case. I’ve spoken to numerous customer support agents to activate data plan for my second watch and i get the same answer. You can only link one watch esim to your main number.

I’ll try the family route and setup my watch as if it was for a family member. I’d be actually quite happy for it to have a separate number on which i can be reached, given that it’s my sports watch.