cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Return Apple Watch as not satisfied with it?

Bellejay72
Visitor

I bought an Apple Watch on contract in March but it’s proving to be really annoying and I’m not happy paying £35 a month for it.

It frequently just decides that I’m doing a workout even if im just sat watching TV or driving my car and I have to then end the workout which then logs that I’ve done a workout.

i would like to return it to Apple and cancel the contract without paying due to being dissatisfied with the product.

is this possible?

TIA.

4 REPLIES 4
XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

You've passed any cooling-off period. If you wish to cancel it you will have to pay off most of the remaining contract period.

Have you discussed these issues with Apple?

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)
Schockwave
Community Hero
Community Hero

@Bellejay72 , have you looked at your settings, if you do not want workout you may be able to set times when it will let you know? There are new updates coming with IOS16 not sure but may be able to do that also by using Focus, you could have a look at settings, but as @XRaySpeX  has written you cannot cancel, only pay off remaining contract, then you can sell the watch also. You do not have to have the workout on, this is up to you.

To contact EE customer service dial 150 from your mobile phone or ring customer service for free using Skype or another phone: +44 800 079 8586 or +44 800 956 6000.
James_B
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Bellejay72,

Welcome to the EE Community. 🙂

Have you calibrated your Apple Watch?

James

Fatboy71
Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

@Bellejay72 wrote:

It frequently just decides that I’m doing a workout even if im just sat watching TV or driving my car and I have to then end the workout which then logs that I’ve done a workout.

The Apple Watch will prompt you if it thinks you are the walking, running, swimming, cycling. My Apple Watch used to prompt me to start a workout if I was walking round from my home to the nearby shop.

However it is easy to stop been prompted for to start a workout, by going into Settings (on the settings app on the Apple Watch). Scroll right down to the bottom and select Workout, once in there turn off Start Workout Reminder. You won't get prompted after that.