Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Poor build quality on the iPhone 13 pro max

Watson1980
Contributor
Contributor

Morning 

I upgraded to the iPhone 13 pro max towards the end of December and I have to say yes the phone is fantastic but the quality of the phone is poor

ive got an apple leather case and regardless of this the bezel chips and scratches already is a joke thou it doesn’t affect the performance of the phone is annoying considering how much the phone costs

where do I stand coz at this rate I will end up giving the phone back! This was never a problem with the previous models 

4 REPLIES 4
Chris_B
Grand Master
Grand Master

@Watson1980  Unfortunately how you look after the device has nothing to do with EE or your contract with EE,  warranty doesn’t cover ware and tear.  And you can not give it back because your not happy about it.  The case you are using is about brand and aesthetics not protection and I would never use an Apple case, there over priced for what they actually are. 

The case I use covers the side of my iPhone 12 Pro Max and it’s just proud of the sides of the device and covers the sides up to the glass perfectly it’s around the same cost as an apple one Click here to see Mous case’s   These cases offer protection.  I also use a glass screen protector,  cheap ones from eBay. 

With greatest of respect the device is looked after but thank you for your response.

I have taken this further with apple as it’s a known problem with the material used on the bezel

@Watson1980   The 12 pro max and the 13 pro max are made from stainless steel in fact the 13 pro max is made from surgical grade stainless steel and mine at around 1 year old has no makes on it.   Do you ever take the device out the case and clean both the phone and inside of the case ?  Anything that can get in there can damage the finish of the device.    And again your using a case that’s made to offer basic protection and it’s made to be Apple aesthetically pleasing over anything else.     To date I’ve never had an iPhone that’s got scratched/chipped screen or had and chassis markings from being in a case.  This goes all the way back to 2007.  Oh and the screen on your device is meant to be the toughest screen yet on an iPhone.  Yes it’s how you look after it that causes damage to the device after all its in your care.  

But if you want to take this up with Apple go for it because they just say your responsible for how it’s looked after 

With respect please don’t question how I look after my devise as from day one it’s well looked after. 
I still have an 11 pro max and yes not a single mark on that and considering this current devise is less than a month old it is rather annoying

before questioning me maybe read comments on other forums they say the same