cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My iPhone burns up and switches off with no service and has burned my hand

Kathleenpark68
Investigator
Investigator

My iPhone is faulty. It burns up when charging and then switches off with no signal service for no reason. I was advised this is an unsafe device and exery time I call customer service I get told it’s down to apple support. I called them and was told it’s down to Ee. It has actually burned my hands 

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
GillM86
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

If the phone is new and you haven’t had it very long I would either phone EE and let them know you’re returning it for another one or take it into a store and ask for a replacement. 

can I ask which iPhone you have? 

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
GillM86
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

If the phone is new and you haven’t had it very long I would either phone EE and let them know you’re returning it for another one or take it into a store and ask for a replacement. 

can I ask which iPhone you have? 

Chris_B
Grand Master
Grand Master

@Kathleenpark68  how long have you had this device for ?   this is very important because you only get a 1 year warranty on the battery.  
The device getting hot is the battery getting hot this is not safe.   

Longer than a year. But I reported this when it was still under warranty it can be checked

@Kathleenpark68   If you go to settings>battery> battery health and charging. What does it say your battery health is at ?    
How much longer than a year have you had this ? 

Who did you report this too ?  As Apple would have replaced the battery if it was within 1 year free of charge.     I’ve had to do this with a device purchased from EE.  I just booked an Apple appointment on the last day of the 12 month warranty. Apple happily exchanged the battery free of charge.       Apple will now charge you to change the battery.  

James_B
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Kathleenpark68,

If your phone is getting too hot to touch, please turn it off and stop using it immediately.

Do not attempt to charge it.

To discuss your warranty/repair options, please get in touch with Customer Care or visit your nearest EE store.

Thanks

James

Incorrect. You don’t know the situation. I explained this in my post
Katie_B
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Kathleenpark68

Please follow the advice provided by @James_B and contact our customer care team or visit your local EE Store. 

Katie