Visitor

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Christopher_G
EE Community Support Team

Hi @capeverde15

Welcome to the community. 🙂

This is what Apple have to say on their iPhone 12 page:

"As part of our efforts to reach our environmental goals, iPhone 12 and iPhone 12 mini do not include a power adapter or EarPods. Included in the box is a USB‑C to Lightning cable that supports fast charging and is compatible with USB‑C power adapters and computer ports.

We encourage you to re‑use your current USB‑A to Lightning cables, power adapters, and headphones which are compatible with these iPhone models. But if you need any new Apple power adapters or headphones, they are available for purchase." 

Hope this helps.

Chris

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Christopher_G

Hi @capeverde15

Welcome to the community. 🙂

This is what Apple have to say on their iPhone 12 page:

"As part of our efforts to reach our environmental goals, iPhone 12 and iPhone 12 mini do not include a power adapter or EarPods. Included in the box is a USB‑C to Lightning cable that supports fast charging and is compatible with USB‑C power adapters and computer ports.

We encourage you to re‑use your current USB‑A to Lightning cables, power adapters, and headphones which are compatible with these iPhone models. But if you need any new Apple power adapters or headphones, they are available for purchase." 

Hope this helps.

Chris

Clear as mud

Bramblehome13
Explorer

I share your incredulity.  I just had a new iPhone delivered ready to use.  

BUT THERE IS NO CHARGER.  

It’s like buying a car with no battery, a washing machine with no plug, OR  a market researcher with no brain.

If this really is an environmental issue how about an optional charger?

Leanne_T

Hi @Bramblehome13

Apple does advise on the website - 'As part of our efforts to reach carbon neutrality by 2030, iPhone 12 does not include a power adapter or EarPods. Included in the box is a USB‑C to Lightning Cable that supports fast charging and is compatible with USB‑C power adapters and computer ports.
We encourage you to re‑use your current USB‑A to Lightning cables, power adapters and headphones, which are compatible with this iPhone model. But if you need any new Apple power adapters or headphones, they are available for purchase'

Leanne.

That was helpful. The relevant information is difficult to find because of
information overload.

When I was sold a new EE contract the agent would have helped by pointing
out that the new lead would need a matching adaptor, but that older IPhone
leads would still be functional.

I appreciate receiving a relevant reply from you.
Leanne_T

Hi @Bramblehome13

I am sorry this was not explained when you placed the order. 

Leanne.

Good morning 

Can I say that as someone who has just upgraded there iphone 7plus to an iphone 14 this is still not being explained to customers when taking out new contracts.

very disappointing and frustrating when you have spent a lot of money to upgrade only to find no charger just a cable which doesn’t fit the Apple charger you have ! 

Emissions now more as need to travel to buy a new plug! 

A simple question at the contract level of do you require a charger etc would stop disappointing customers . Then it could be sent out so you have it ready to use your new phone.