cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple Watch without a phone

NeoFuture
Visitor

So, i have a work phone which is on EE and I have this for 10 years for personal use, I order an EE apple watch s6 and go through a couple of calls with CS who say they cant give me a watch because I don't have a personal phone.

So on the call to the digital team I issue an instruction to cancel the order and they conform its canceled.

So an order some how happens to carry on happening and I have been delivered a watch, which im using, presuming I was able to carry on and connect it to my phone and the system would all work properly, but I have no data plan, no way to connect it without it going through my phone and the contract stated the data usage and my level of service.

Im not happy paying the full price for a watch that can not connect on its own and in my view im being given a reduced service.

I happy with the watch but not paying the £30 a month for the data plan, im happy to pay the value of the watch MINUS the cellular (£409) over the 24 month term but not at £30 per month (= £720) if I can not use it as It is intended on the EE network.

2 REPLIES 2
Christopher_G
EE Community Support Team

Hi @NeoFuture

Welcome to the community. That sounds strange.

I'd recommend speaking to our Mobile Care team so that they can check how it's set up. They'll do their best to straighten this out.

Chris

Exact same issue today.

Was told by EE that I would need to take out another pay monthly sim to use the watch plan on top of the 30PM watch plan.

I got in touch as a last attempt and a customer service rep has ordered me a sim for the iPhone so I can setup the cellar plan from the app I hope it all works out.