cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple Watch Unlocked?

Kimmie1312
Investigator
Investigator

I have just purchased a Apple Watch through an upgrade for my daughters Christmas.  Are watches unlocked? Or is it EE only? My daughter is on a different network 

6 REPLIES 6
Sam1867
Investigator
Investigator

The watches are locked so will only work with the EE network, however that’s only for the cellular function.

The watch can still be used fully via Bluetooth and will connect to any iPhone on any network. The only bit that won’t work is the cellular meaning she won’t be able to use the watch out and about without having her phone on her. To be honest, I’ve got an Apple Watch and my phone up until yesterday was with a different network and I didn’t need to use the cellular part of it once. I always have my phone. 

If your daughter always has her phone on her it will be fine, she can use the watch. 

If I changed her to an EE  pay monthly sim though would she be able to use the cellular capabilities even if it’s not connected to my contract? 

Yes that shouldn’t be an issue, it’s linked to the EE sim so it would be linked her her number. 

James_B
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Kimmie1312,

Welcome to the EE Community. 🙂

Did you order the watch on a paired or unpaired plan?

Thanks

James

Hi I think it’s paired as in it just uses my data instead of having its own

Sent from my iPhone
Christopher_G
EE Community Support Team

Does it have its own number, for outgoing calls etc, @Kimmie1312?

Or if you make a call from it, does it come up with your phone number?

Chris