Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple Watch Data Plan Issues

Snapperjw73
Investigator
Investigator

Hi, 

I’m trying to enable my data plan for my new Apple Watch but running into problems. 

When I select ‘Mobile Data’ and then select ‘Set Up Mobile Data’ I get a screen on my iPhone saying ‘Please wait while the page is loading…. This should only take a few seconds to complete.  

This then results in an error ‘ Connection Failed’.  This all via EE 4G network. 

Is this something anyone else has faced?  Just looking to understand my next step?  Thanks

4597BE9A-83C5-476D-B26C-1122C48D2704.jpeg

10 REPLIES 10
Jon_K
Former EE Employee

Hi @Snapperjw73.

Can you try restarting both your phone and your watch and try this again?

Do you have a contract set up for data on your watch?

Jon

Hi, 

Yep I have a contract for the esim on the watch and both watch and phone have been restarted.  I am assuming I will have to go down the unpair and repair the watch to the phone, 

Looking at the watch no esim has setup to be setup/installed

Used to happen to me, make sure you do it with Wi-Fi off on the phone. 

Thanks. 

Yep Wi-Fi is off on the phone so going via EE 4G network but I still get the message ‘Connection Failed,  The connection to the server was lost.  Please try again later’.   

Did you you sort this in end this is happing to me ?? 

James_B
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Adam2929,

Welcome to the EE Community. 🙂

Are you setting your watch up for the first time?

James

Hi Adam

i had to phone EE and speak to their technical support team.  It took a long time as EE really didn’t know what they were doing, but they actually worked it out.  
So you’ll have to phone EE as they need to make changes on their end.   Good luck.  

Dam I’m running into the exact issue for 4 days now, this is the first post that has the exact problem as mine. Glad EE can sort it out eventually. They really haven’t got a clue at EE but the people on the phone at EE are super nice if it wasn’t for that I would close my account with them as good customer service is so important but things go wrong a lot with EE VERY FRUSTRATING.

Lets hope my problem also get sorted 

Same thing is happening to me and I’ve had the watch for months really annoying 😞 what did you do to get it sorted? I’ve been on the phone with 3 agents nothing helped