cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AirPods missed delivery

Emmalou8786
Explorer

Hello, 

I’ve missed a DPD delivery of my AirPods today, I’ve had no communication from DPD to say they were arriving. I am unable to change the delivery to a specific date because the DPD website has my number wrong, EE have provided the number that is linked to my iPad (which has never worked) rather than my phone number, and they want to send me a verification pin to that number. It won’t allow me to change the number on the DPD website or my app. They will attempt delivery again tomorrow and I won’t be in again as I will be at work.

please advise.

thanks.

3 REPLIES 3
Chris_B
Grand Master
Grand Master

@Emmalou8786  When you purchased the air iPods you took them against your iPad number that’s why that’s on there.       A iPad can not receive/send  text messages via the number that’s on the sim it’s for data only and the iPad can not do text messages on its own.  

if you will not be in when they get try to deliver tomorrow, then they’ll be returned back to EE. 

If someone can be at your address tomorrow hey can take delivery of the item.   

Download the DPD app create an account with the same email address that you use for EE.  With his you can track the delivery.    

You could even put the iPad sim in your phone. 

I have a DPD account with the same email, I have been able to track it and can see that it will be delivered tomorrow, it won’t enable me to make any changes though or rearrange the delivery for the weekend as it wants to send a verification pin to the iPad number which I obviously won’t receive, all it will let me do is select delivery to a neighbour but I don’t know if they will be in. I guess I’ll just have to wait and see and if they are returned I’ll reorder and make sure to do it against my phone number. 

Thanks for the reply.

Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Emmalou8786 

Can you remove the SIM from the iPad and pop this in a phone to receive the PIN and amend the delivery with DPD? 

Leanne 🙂