cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy Z fold3

Angela230787
Explorer

Hi I am looking at changing my phone as not happy with network im with, but wondering if this phone is unlocked, I would use it as my main contract phone but would need to be able to swap my works sim in and out on days I work, which is on the network im not happy with so dont want to get the phone from them, if I can get it with EE and still use my work sim in it.

Thank you

Angela

5 REPLIES 5
Jon_K
Former EE Employee

Hi @Angela230787.

Welcome to the community.

Samsung phones bought from EE would be locked for the first six months of your contract. After six months you can request for the phone to be unlocked to all networks.

Jon

However, @Angela230787 , buy from Dec 2021 & it won't be locked as networks have been banned by Ofcom from selling locked phones from then. Only 7 days to go 😉 !

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

Also the Fold 3 has 3 sim slots.

It will have 1 physical sim slot and 2 slot for eSims. Allowing you to have both sims in the device all the time to stop having to swap the sims out.

BrendonH (Android Expert) Google Pixel 8 Pro Obsidian Black (Android 14)
If I have helped please click the THUMB/SOLUTION buttons below

Hi there

I'm having a problem with my zfold3

The second sim is inaccessible through sim card manager

*BUT* if you go and look at IEMI details it sees it.

If I swap the sims then the first sim works so it's not the sim.

Christopher_G
EE Community Support Team

Hi @nbtafelberg

Welcome to the community.

Have you spoken to our technical support team? They'll be able to help you with this.

Chris