cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pixel 6 Pro E-sim error

hsidhu28
Explorer

I'm trying to replace my current sim with an esim with the same number. For some reason whether the sim is in or out the esim can't be downloaded to my device it just comes up with an error. 

The question is if it is even possible to replace my physical sim with an esim on the same device or do i have to do something for it to be able to download it (e.g. is the IMEI1 sim slot 1 locked to the number so i have to reset something)

Thank you

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Schockwave
Community Hero
Community Hero

Hello @hsidhu28 ,

Welcome to the community,

There is no reason why you cannot replace the physical sim with an esim on the same device. If you are having problems, I would suggest speaking to customer service, so that they can take a look into this for you, if you have followed the correct guidelines for changing from a physical sim to an e-sm.

To contact EE customer service dial 150 from your mobile phone or ring customer service for free using Skype or another phone: +44 800 079 8586 or +44 800 956 6000.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Schockwave
Community Hero
Community Hero

Hello @hsidhu28 ,

Welcome to the community,

There is no reason why you cannot replace the physical sim with an esim on the same device. If you are having problems, I would suggest speaking to customer service, so that they can take a look into this for you, if you have followed the correct guidelines for changing from a physical sim to an e-sm.

To contact EE customer service dial 150 from your mobile phone or ring customer service for free using Skype or another phone: +44 800 079 8586 or +44 800 956 6000.

Turns out error is EE have issues with android and the generated QR code via the account page, so they sent one out to me via post. Thanks for the help

Jon_K
Former EE Employee

Thanks for letting us know you got this sorted, @hsidhu28 🙂