cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone just dies

Emmamoo1995
Investigator
Investigator

Iv had my Samsung a71 since last year and for some reason my phone can be on 30% then suddenly will jump to 1% and died. Sometimes it will go down but usally it just cuts out 

5 REPLIES 5
Chris_B
Grand Master
Grand Master

@Emmamoo1995  sounds like you need a new battery in it.   Do you keep putting it on charge?  The more times you charge it the more the battery health will degrade and so you charge it more because it runs down quicker.  

It's mainly on at night time but battery dosent usally last during day as my daughter has YouTube kids on 

Hi @Emmamoo1995 ,

I highly recommend not to charge a mobile phone overnight as it has a tendency to degrade the battery and is a minor fire hazard.

If you do not expect emergency calls in the night, based on your experience over some time, you can put the mobile in airplane mode overnight to conserve battery so a short early morning charge should get the day going.

In addition to the above steps, I additionally maintain my charge between 20% and 80% of maximum capacity to prolong the battery life and capacity over time and have found this to be successful with recent phones so far.

-- 
Contract SIM: Plan | Data | Usage | Check Status | Abroad | Chat | SMS | APN | PM
Wired: Check Speed | Test Socket | Faults | fast.com | speedtest.net

@Emmamoo1995  The battery is taking a hammering if YouTube is playing on the device a lot.  You might be interested in THIS to help with battery power.   But your battery going from 30% to 1% is a battery in need of changing.   Nothing will change this now as it’s had it. 

Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Morning @Emmamoo1995

Thanks for coming to the community.

Please give us a call on 150 and our Tech Gurus will run through some troubleshooting with you and let you know the next steps for the battery problem.  

Let us know how you get on 🙂

Leanne.