cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blacklisting my IMEI number- EE refusing to blacklist it!

ayeshahossain
Explorer

I am beyond frustrating and banging my head against a brick wall, not Covid-19 pandemic but this will definitely send me to a mental hospital. I have been to the EE store to get a replacement SIM, contacting UK police almost every day and calling Apple 10 times. 

My phone was stolen on Feb 6th 2022 from Stratford centre, London and I requested my network provider EE to block the phone. The SIM was blocked when I went to get a replacement but they refused to blacklist my phone with an IMEI number. Despite repeated requests, EE is refusing because I purchased the phone directly from Apple - they say it's Apple that has to do this. But Apple insists they do not have these capabilities, even today I was on the phone with apple for 1 hour and also Police said they cannot do it and the ONLY way is that my network provider can do this even research on the internet suggests the same thing.

Interestingly the Police can not blacklist it, Apple cannot blacklist it and every day they suggest I contact EE to blacklist it, whereas, EE says they can not do it. Police said they get to hear this problem all the time from network providers, with EE being the worst! Although they say they are the best in the UK. And that I will just have to keep asking them until someone does it for me. 

If it is about money and the contract I have with EE, I currently have 2 Connections paying almost £500 a year.

Does anyone know how I can make EE blacklist my IMEI number? I have run out of options. I might go into an Apple shop (where they are always so helpful) and ask them to get on the phone to EE with me and force them to understand that only they have the capability to block the IMEI.....

Nothing will make me happier at this point than to leave EE, but sadly I am using EE for a long time and the stolen phone has all records with EE down.

Pleaseeee I need help, someone help me, please.

6 REPLIES 6
James_B
EE Community Support Team

Hi @ayeshahossain,

Welcome to the EE Community.

I'm sorry to hear your phone was stolen. Had the device been used with your EE SIM before it was stolen?

James

Hi @James_B, yes i always used EE sim after i Bought that phone. And even the EE sim was inside when it was stolen. I only asked to add that IMEI to the blacklist so that those thives cant use it.

The saddest part is i still have more 15 months of my phone contract.

James_B
EE Community Support Team

I've sent you a private message @ayeshahossain

James

DIESELind
Explorer

I am having this very same issue. My son's phone was lost this morning. The advisor said the sim is now blocked but she was unable to blacklist the IMEI.

I find this very strange as I've done this previously with other phones which have not been bought through EE.

Is there someone else I can contact because I don't want others using the phone.

@DIESELind   Customer services can blacklist the device and you should try calling them again.

Thanks Chris, I phoned again and they blacklisted it for me.