cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

App passwords

Smokey74
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Just upgraded android phone used smart switch which brought everything over, but no app has login details or passwords and general odd ones I use without app like sainsburys has no password or login details, how do I get all these across?

17 REPLIES 17
Smokey74
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

@James_B you mean you normally experience this problem or not?

Still have old phone with everything on but think once transferred its done,  I put transfer everything and did via smartswitch with cable, did I do something wrong?

James_B
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Smokey74,

I had the same experience as your friend, with everything transferring.

I'd recommend downloading a password manager app on your old phone and back up your passwords that way. This should allow you to transfer them when you download the same app on your new phone.

Hope this helps.

James

Smokey74
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

@James_B wonder why mine didn't trf then so if I download a password manager app on old phone then smart switch you think may come across?

What's weird I Don have tesco as an app just go Google type in tesco it says login and the email is there and password so things like that are ok but my main apps like nest report, cctv etc none came over

James_B

It looks like it has only allowed you to transfer your web based passwords and not the app ones @Smokey74

You won't need to run smart switch again, just log into the password manager on your new device and you should have access to all your passwords.

James

Smokey74
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Ok so then I log into password manager find app I want and look for password go back to app and login,  is that what you mean?

James_B

That's right @Smokey74

James

Smokey74
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

@James_B thanks quite a few there then things like my alarm system are not, or nest app for heating, strange why some are and some not, but this has helped, thank you, was just hoping when trf everything it would have all worked instead of inputting everything 

James_B

No problem @Smokey74

Best of luck with getting logged back in to all your apps.

James