cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

recieved a call and a followup email from EE Sles and promotions team

JamesGunatilake
Explorer

Hey everyone,

I recently received a call and a subsequent email from someone claiming to represent the "EE Sales and Promotions Team," offering a mobile phone deal. The email came from sales@promotionsee.co, and the call was from the number 01213125650.

Before proceeding further, I wanted to check with the community: does anyone know if this is a legitimate outreach from EE? I haven't initiated any contact with them regarding a new phone deal, so I'm a bit cautious.

If anyone has insights or has encountered similar situations, please share your thoughts. I just want to ensure that I'm not falling for a potential scam.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Christopher_G
EE Community Support Team

Hi @JamesGunatilake 

Welcome to the community.

I don't recognise the email address and phone number. Our Mobile Care team will be able to check your account to see if we have sent you any information.

Chris

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Christopher_G
EE Community Support Team

Hi @JamesGunatilake 

Welcome to the community.

I don't recognise the email address and phone number. Our Mobile Care team will be able to check your account to see if we have sent you any information.

Chris

bristolian
Legend
Legend

@JamesGunatilake wrote:

The email came from sales@promotionsee.co,

promotionsee.co is owned by an American company. EE's internet domain is ee.co.uk and their email addresses all end in @ee.co.uk

joolieyoungson
Visitor

Hi James

Did you take a phone deal with them? I have also had a call from them today but like you with so many scams around wasn't sure if it's legitimate.

No not really , the call is definitely a spam / scam call as later that day i received a call from an Indian call center claiming to be EE and asking about the call/email earlier, when I asked them to verify my detail on record they couldn't. So our new numbers are being released someway or the other to these scam callers or they have a mechanism to find our numbers.

chistery
Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor

Just never deal with cold callers. Even if it was EE and you were looking to upgrade. Hang up, call EE directly.