cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ended phone contract with active add ons, no way to cancel them?

anthonykerr1
Visitor

I recently cancelled my pay monthly Sim contract with EE, it was a rolling month-by-month one so I was able to cancel and switch over to a new provider without having to give notice. 

However an issue has now risen in the form of an active add-on, specifically Xbox Game Pass Ultimate 6 Month free trial.  I started this free trial a little over 6 months ago, and 1 day after cancelling my EE sim and switching over to a new provider, I received a text saying I'll now be 'Charged £12 a month' for Xbox Game Pass Ultimate as my 6 month free trial has expired. 

This was from EE's 150 number and they asked me to reply to the message with "Stop Xbox" to stop the charge, however as I was with a new provider, I couldn't as the message wouldn't send to 150... 

I am also unable to view it in my EE account, as the section to see my active Add-ons no longer exists due to me not having an active account anymore... 

EE have affectively boxed me in with a recurring £12 a month charge with no seemingly possible way of cancelling? Live chat doesn't work, my account doesn't work, I cannot reply to the text from 150, EE do not provide an email for help, and getting through to them on their provided phone is near on impossible with a full time job.

I can also confirm Xbox Game Pass Ultimate is still active on my Xbox past the 6 month trial, of which I also cannot cancel as it directs me to the EE website and asks me to log into my account that does not exist!

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

The cancellation of your contract (by porting out) will also auto cancel any add-ons. You may have to pay 1 month fee for the Game Pass for the few days you had it over 6 months. It can't be recurring as you can't have an add-on w/out a contract to add it on to.

The day your EE contract was cancelled is not obvious. It's not when you handed your PAC to the new network but when they act on it & actually port your no.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

The cancellation of your contract (by porting out) will also auto cancel any add-ons. You may have to pay 1 month fee for the Game Pass for the few days you had it over 6 months. It can't be recurring as you can't have an add-on w/out a contract to add it on to.

The day your EE contract was cancelled is not obvious. It's not when you handed your PAC to the new network but when they act on it & actually port your no.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)