cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This page is no longer active

close

For up-to-date information and comments, search the EE Community or start a new topic.

Sim upgrade

Rinny
Investigator
Investigator

Hi

ive just done a sim upgrade online.

ive gone with the web exclusive deal of unlimited data, calls and texts for £27 and also had the confirm email but when I log into my account app it says I now have only 45GB of data (17GB left til the 15th) But noted that my contact starts from today 3/4/20 til 3/4/21

before I upgraded I was on a sim deal where I had 100GB every month along with unlimited calls and texts. 

13 REPLIES 13
LauraM1
Investigator
Investigator

I have done the same as you (today 3/3/20 upgraded to sim only deal for £27pm unlimited data/calls/texts)

I have sim only contract and osprey one which I gift data too so I can use internet. But now since upgrading I have no data on my phone. When will it show I have unlimited data? Really need this data as going through lots with wfh now. 

Katie_B
EE Community Support Team

Good Morning @Rinny and @LauraM1

Thanks for coming to the community and flagging this with me. 

If you text AL to 150 what does this report?

Speak shortly, 

Katie 🙂

Hi Katie

this is the message I get. 

Your current charges to go onto your next bill are £0.00 (this excludes line rental, VAT & any unprocessed charges). Your current allowance is : Unlimited UK and EU Texts and unlimited minutes to use in the UK, and whilst abroad in our Europe Zone. This will reset 29 Apr 2020.
You have used 0Bytes of free data this billing period, reply FREE USAGE to see a full breakdown.

For a summary of your recent invoices and payments reply BILL or for more info on our other Text Services, reply HELP or go to ee.co.uk/text150

I did a live chat too this morning which I need to ring another department but they are not open at the weekend ☹️. It shows on your system I have taken out a 40gb data plan. But I was on 100gb before paying less that this 40gb. It showed online and the email receipt it’s unlimited data??

please help 🥺

Katie_B

Thanks for confirming @LauraM1

What team was the chat agent referring to?

I would recommend giving us a call and speaking with our customer care team. 

The team will be able to look into this further for you, 

Katie 🙂

Read more
Morning 

this is the reply I got from my AL text

Your current charges to go onto your next bill are £0.00 (this excludes line rental, VAT & any unprocessed charges). Your current allowances are: Unlimited UK and EU Texts and unlimited minutes to use in the UK, and whilst abroad in our Europe Zone. You have 44.2GB remaining of your 45.0GB data allowance. This will refresh 15 Apr 2020.
You have used 0Bytes of free data this billing period, Reply FREE USAGE to see a full breakdown.

For a summary of your recent invoices and payments reply BILL or for info on our other Text Services, reply HELP or go to ee.co.uk/text150

i managed to talk to someone yesterday and they reset my data to its max (45GB) to tie me over and said it should set in to unlimited data within 10 days, fingers crossed.
if not I need to get in contact again.

Katie_B

Thanks for getting back to me and letting me know @Rinny

Please keep us updated. 

Katie 🙂

Terry said about calling digital sales team. But they are not open today. 

could really do with the data now as I only have 30gb left on my osprey and receiving and sending large files for work it’s eating into it fast. I don’t have any data on my mobile which I used to gift data from. ☹️

Katie_B

Hi @LauraM1

I completely understand. 

I have sent you a private message, please take a look and get back to me. 

Katie 🙂

The person I spoke to said even when the unlimited data kicks in our app will show we only have 40GB but just to ignore that.

ill keep you updated but hopefully within the 10 days I’m hoping it’s sorted as I am sharing my data on my iPads to homeschool my children while schools are closed.