cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Changing number

alexlane060706
Visitor

i have just get a new iphone xr online not from ee. but i need to keep my number but how do i do that. and i need to cancel my old contract because i have a new one with the online shop but it is still with ee

6 REPLIES 6
XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

Just put your EE SIM into it. It doesn't care what device it's in.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)
mikeliuk
Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

Hi @alexlane060706 ,

If I understand this correctly you've started a new contract with a new provider and want to port your number from EE to the new provider.

You can request a PAC from EE and give this to your new provider to transfer your number and cancel your old contract.

If you cancel the old contract within the minimum term, there will be an early termination charge roughly the same cost as staying with the old provider. (So in some cases better to transfer later.) Good luck! 🤓

-- 
Contract SIM: Plan | Data | Usage | Check Status | Abroad | Chat | SMS | APN | PM
Wired: Check Speed | Test Socket | Faults | fast.com | speedtest.net
bristolian
Legend
Legend

My understanding of this post is the same as @XRaySpeX advice... (my underline)

@alexlane060706 wrote:

i have just get a new iphone xr online not from ee. but i need to keep my number but how do i do that. and i need to cancel my old contract because i have a new one with the online shop but it is still with ee

Although it's a valid point to clarify...

To @alexlane060706 - if you are wanting to remain with EE and continue with your existing plan then you do simply need to put your existing SIM into the new phone and continue. It's the SIM that holds your subscription & account, and can be inserted into any phone that has the correct-size slot.

If you are looking to move your existing EE number to another network operator, then that's a different question and you just need to obtain your PAC from EE. There is further help on that in this EE help article , under "How do I switch provider and take my number with me"

@mikeliuk : Do you ever read anything other than arbitrary extracts on Google? Observe:

@alexlane060706 wrote:

i have a new one with the online shop but it is still with ee

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

It may also mean that the user has taken out a new contract with EE with a new number, and wants to move their existing number across to it.

If that is the case, then the official answer is that it can't be done. This is called an "upgrade" and you need to have purchased your phone as an upgrade and you would then simply move your SIM across and retain your number as a matter of course.

There are "unofficial" methods that will achieve the same process that involve porting out to another provider, and then porting back in again.

Yes, @bristolian , it could well be that, still entirely within EE, but the sensible thing to have done is to request a replacement SIM on the existing no. for a new phone.