cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unlimited data upgrade

ArgyleGreen
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

I recently switched to EE broadband and while looking on the app it said my 160gb was now unlimited. I do have a couple of questions:
1) is this unlimited data at a restricted speed?

2) I'm thinking of upgrading my sim only plan as it will save me money. If I go for a lower data plan with unlimited speed, will it be upgraded to unlimited data with unlimited speed?

3) My wife and son are considering moving to EE for their mobile. If they go for a low data deal with unlimited speed, will it be upgraded to unlimited data with unlimited speed?

Many thanks

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Hi @ArgyleGreen 

Thanks for coming back to us. 

When you select the plan you would like the online shop will show the details of the plan including the speed information. 

If you would like to discuss the plans and see what is available for you and your family, please give us a call on 150 and the team will be happy to go through the offers and details available for you.  

Leanne.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Christopher_G

Hi @ArgyleGreen 

This is what our 'unlock unlimited data' help page says:

New and re-contracting EE broadband customers can add unlimited data mobile SIMs from just £10 a month (for SIMS with capped speeds of 10Mbps). Savings based on the cost of identical EE SIM plans to non-EE broadband customers. Existing EE mobile customers will also be boosted to unlimited data on all pay monthly SIM plans on your account charged at over £10 a month. You will be able to switch to the unlimited data mobile SIMs from just £10 a month on your current plans when they become eligible for upgrade. Not compatible with any other discount, including Multi-line discount. If you cancel your EE broadband plan, all EE Mobile benefits will be removed.

Chris

ArgyleGreen
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Thank you the reply. So in layman's terms, my 160GB SIM only plan will be updated to unlimited data at the current speed (max Gbps) and my wife and son will get which ever speed the contract states as long as it's not a £10 a month deal. If I upgraded my current SIM only contract to the deal in the photo, it'll be upgraded to unlimited at the stated speed?

IMG_7739.png

Leanne_T

Hi @ArgyleGreen 

Thanks for coming back to us. 

When you select the plan you would like the online shop will show the details of the plan including the speed information. 

If you would like to discuss the plans and see what is available for you and your family, please give us a call on 150 and the team will be happy to go through the offers and details available for you.  

Leanne.

ArgyleGreen
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Thank you. I'll give 150 a call.