Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Has anyone seen an issue with their EE SIM when using a 5G router

Tobs2
Explorer

Hi Leanne,

I am having this issue also.

I have over 10 5G Unlimited SIMs that go into ZTE routers.
I recently got 2 new SIMs and they do not work in the routers.

I spoke with an agent on the phone and they said that EE had changed the technology in the SIM and that they would only work with EE devices. So, I purchased 2x EE ZYXEL routers at great cost. However, the SIMs do not work in these routers either. I then checked my o2 SIM and it works in both the ZTE and the ZYXEL router.

Please could someone look into this ASAP and get back to me it is causing significant issue with my business

3 REPLIES 3
Tobs2
Explorer

I have over 10 5G Unlimited SIMs that go into ZTE routers.
I recently got 2 new SIMs and they do not work in the routers.

I spoke with an agent on the phone and they said that EE had changed the technology in the SIM and that they would only work with EE devices. So, I purchased 2x EE ZYXEL routers at great cost. However, the SIMs do not work in these routers either. I then checked my o2 SIM and it works in both the ZTE and the EE ZYXEL router. So the issue is with the EE sims

These two new EE sims also work in my phone. 

Please could someone explain why this is happening and if there is a work around?
If it cannot be resolved I will have to cancel all of my existing contracts with EE

bristolian
Legend
Legend

In what way are your SIMs not working? You've not explained the actual issue you're having.

They are not connecting to the network and subsequently they are not generating a 5G wifi signal when they are in the router.

However, they connect to the network when in a mobile phone