XinyueZou
Visitor

It runs at a slow speed

3 REPLIES 3
XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

That's mobile BB for you!

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)
Christopher_G
EE Community Support Team

Hi @XinyueZou

Welcome to the community. 🙂

Sorry to hear that you're having some problems with your speed. Have you done a speedtest?

Are there any known maintenance works in your area?

Chris

mikeliuk
Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

Hi @XinyueZou ,

I recommend that you try the router in a few different locations, restarting at each new location, and visiting fast.com and speedtest.net

When I first joined EE, I found the performance to be less than I had hoped for. I moved the router into a less logical, lower, and covered location and surprisingly found significantly better SINR values of over 10 dBm. You may wish to search online resources and the router management page to see if you can access the LTE parameters, and the SINR value I've found is a good one to find a good location and improve performance.

Customers have found nice locations near windows although I recommend any locations which you can leave the router long-term as it's not easy to judge which materials shield cellular signals more; and line of sight, reflections, and obstructions probably matter more, given the distance to cell towers.

-- 
Contract SIM: Plan | Data | Usage | Check Status | Abroad | Chat | SMS | APN | PM
Wired: Check Speed | Test Socket | Faults | fast.com | speedtest.net